Health check-ups in school are important:
- To assess normal development of the child
- To keep track of immunization schedule
- Early detection of disease / abnormalities, which when treated on time, allows the child to lead a normal life
- This preventive check-up data becomes the baseline for future reference
Advantages of ‘School Health Check-up’ program:
- Makes complete medical records available to a child/ parent/ doctor/ school administration anytime, anywhere, at the click of a mouse.
- Becomes a central repository for medical data of all students of the school which can be life saving during medical emergencies.
- Keeps the school safe from medico-legal view point.
- Can be integrated with the annual medical check-up of students so as to capture all information immediately.
- Allows the school medical team to do a ‘Health Audit’ to monitor progress in health of their students.
- Suggest corrective interventions where required.
- Give parents access to their child’s medical records on a real-time basis.
- Provide reminders to parents for immunization schedule and other health check-ups of children.
- Inculcate the habit of health monitoring in children and helps them take charge of their health.
NRIGDS has a qualified and experienced counsellor. She offers one-to-one confidential advice and support, as well as working with groups. She cooperate in the work of tutors and house masters and indeed, all staff where appropriate, to ensure seamless communication flows whilst respecting the boundaries of professional confidentiality. Our counsellor liaise closely with other staff and parents too.